6.26.2008

37 Weeks


The weekly update from the Baby Center:

Congratulations! Your baby is full-term! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away. He weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long.

Our little guy is starting to kick and prod and wiggle in the most uncomfortable ways, which I am interpreting to mean that he is anxious to get out of his cramped quarters... anytime from now until a month from now we meet face to face!

I always thought that the wives' tale about the belly shape being different for boys vs. girls was a myth, but it has proved true for me at this point. This is the first pregnancy that I can't see my toes if I stand up straight and look down... weird! I've gained the same amount of weight, but this boy is just fitting like a torpedo or a bowling ball stuck to my middle! The girls must have snuggled in tighter I guess.

Anytime!

~len

1 comment:

  1. ah! I somehow lost my comment!

    Just wanted to say Hi! and see how you are doing and I see you have another month and your baby will be here!! How exciting!

    We just finished up our first half of our weddings. Whew!!! Taking some time off before we start up again...

    Loved looking through your work...that Graduation card you designed for the girl was ROCKIN!!!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete